About Adam Smyth
- Bachelor Physiotherapy (1st class Honours)
- Diploma Remedial Massage
- Diploma Sports (Athlete Support Services)
Adam is a positive, highly motivated and multi skilled Physiotherapist who has a great interest in musculoskeletal conditions and sports injuries.
“My goal is to deliver the highest quality care, advocating the importance of maintaining long-term physical health and over-all wellbeing through education and training to people of all ages and walks of life”.
With a logical and analytical mind, passion to restore health and excellent communication skills, he is able to build relationships on all levels.
Adam studied at a Bachelor of Physiotherapy at Australian Catholic University; where at the end of his second year of study was offered a place in the ‘Honours Program’ due to his exceptional academic performance. He accepted and undertook a research project titled: ‘Cryotherapy using the Aircast Cryo/Cuff®: can adequate skin cooling be achieved to produce numbness on the thigh within twenty minutes?’ The quality of his research and thesis paper earned him the Universities highest award of ‘Prize for research excellence’.
During his third year at Uni, Adam was one of 5 people chosen state wide as part of the ‘Sports Physiotherapy Association Mentorship Program’, where he was mentored under titled Sports Physiotherapist Michael Reynalds (Masters in Sports Physiotherapy).
Adam has worked closely with leading musculoskeletal Physiotherapist Nick Stepkovich to develop excellent clinical skills and his own unique treatment techniques.
Other clinical experience includes the Acute Cardiorespiratory Unit, and the Medical Assessment Unit at Royal North Shore Hospital, and the Community Health Outpatients Unit at Mona Vale Hospital.
- Certificate III and IV Master Personal Trainer – Awarded institute champion
- Diploma of Remedial Massage – Awarded outstanding graduate
- Diploma of Sports Massage (Athlete support services) – Awarded outstanding graduate
- Australian Strength and Conditioning coach course, Level 1 and 2
- APA and AAMT member
- Strapit sports taping and kinesiology taping course
- Qualified Punchfit boxing instructor
- Qualified Fitkidz trainer for kids
- First aid and CPR qualified
- Ready Rugby coach for kids 5 – 12
SIDELINE SPORTING INVOLVMENTS
- 2008 – 2009: Club fitness trainer Newport Rugby Club
- 2008: Coached Newport Breakers Senior Rugby 4th Grade (lost GF)
- 2009: Coached Newport Breakers Senior Rugby 2nd Grade (lost GF)
- 2010 – 2012: Coached Warringah Rats Colts (under 20’s) Rugby
- 2011 – 2012: Worked with Warringah Rugby Physios on game day
- 2011 – 2012: Strength and conditioning coach Warringah Rats Colts
- 2012 – 2014: Coach and train Warringah Under 12/13/14 State Representative Rugby team